◆ How do we apply?
Schools are required to register at the Scripps National Spelling Bee website ( spellingbee.com ) and The Japan Times Bee website as well. Please register in two places.
*The Bee sets participants’ maximum grade level at the eighth grade.
The Japan Times sets the minimum grade level at the third grade.
The speller must not have passed beyond the eighth grade on or before February 1, 2018. The speller must not have reached his/her 15th birthday on or before August 31, 2017. The Japan Times will be accepting 1 winning speller from each registered school.
* In the case that your school has more than one part, for example an elementary and middle school, then you will need to register these separately (2 registrations) if you want to send a winning speller from each to our Japan Times Bee next year. Please check our website for details, including age restrictions, and send any questions about registration or other Japan Times Bee matters to email@example.com
Please see the Eligibility section in the students and parents category on the Scripps National Spelling Bee website for more detailed information concerning restrictions on grades and ages as well as other restrictions.
- The Early Bird School Enrollment Fee (8/22-10/16): $151
- The Standard School Enrollment Fee (10/17-12/15): $226
*Please note that schools need to be registered at the Scripps National Spelling Bee website and The Japan Times no later than the above deadline.
When registering please ensure that
- You supply your school name correctly word for word. This name will be used on all bee related correspondence and there can not be variations in the form and/or spelling
- Your contact person(s) will be reliable and available for the duration.
Japan Times Bee Team
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Japan Times, Ltd.